1. Where can I find environmental information for Keilhauer products?
GREENGUARD® certificates and LEED® Summaries can be found in product downloads, and in the Environment section of Company information.
2. Does Keilhauer have a GSA contract?
Keilhauer has a GSA Contract. For all Government Contract information, please go to [url for Gov’t Contracts section].
3. Where can I get product dimensions?
Dimensions are included in general descriptions of products, as well as in product pricelist pdfs. All dimensions noted are approximate and subject to slight deviation.
4. Is freight included in prices?
Freight is included, prepaid, to the dealer warehouse in Canada (10 provinces) and U.S.A. (48 contiguous states), on a dock-to-dock basis, using Keilhauer’s carrier, unless advised otherwise by customer.
- Direct-to-site shipments must be discussed with Keilhauer to determine site accommodations, at which point additional charges may be applicable. Charges will apply to non-commercial, inside delivery, remote site, and all other extraordinary deliveries.
- Dock must be able to accommodate a 53-foot trailer. If customer requests a specific carrier, shipments will be made freight collect at customer’s expense. Keilhauer carriers provide one free hour for offloading product, depending on the size of the order, after which waiting charges will apply and will be billed accordingly. Please contact Keilhauer customer service department with all freight questions/quotes. Email: email@example.com
5. Does Keilhauer add a fuel surcharge to invoices?
Keilhauer does not add a fuel surcharge to invoices.
6. How can I get a sample of a Keilhauer textile or leather?
For memo samples of textiles or leathers, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Can I purchase Keilhauer textiles and leathers to use on other manufacturers’ products?
Keilhauer fabrics and leathers are available for purchase on a cut yardage and square footage basis respectively at the following list prices:
- Fabric Grade 1 $74.00
- Fabric Grade 2 $97.00
- Fabric Grade 3 $125.00
- Fabric Grade 4 $163.00
- Fabric Grade 5 $212.00
- Leather Grade 1 $15.00
- Leather Grade 2 $22.00
- Leather Grade 3 $30.00
The minimum order is a half hide. Exact footage requests cannot be met. Due to variable hide sizes, the shipping/billing quantity may differ from your order quantity. The customer is liable for a maximum of 10% overage from order quantity. Marks, scars or wrinkles occurring naturally in leather are not covered by warranty.
8. Can I get my order upholstered in fabrics that aren't from Keilhauer?
Keilhauer will upholster its products in Customer’s Own Materials (COM), providing the following provisions are met:
- COM Approval
Keilhauer reserves the right to reject COM fabrics that, in Keilhauer’s opinion, are unsuitable. Once COM has been accepted Keilhauer assumes no responsibility for its overall appearance, flammability, normal durability, colour fastness or any other quality after upholstered on a Keilhauer product.
- How much fabric do I need to upholster my order?
Yardage requirements, as shown in the Keilhauer price list, are based on 54" width plain material. If fabric is less than 54" please apply the following additional yardages:
- 49” – 52” add 10%
- 44” – 48” add 15%
If fabric is less than 44” please consult customer service (email@example.com). If fabric is 54” wide with repeat, please apply the following additional yardages:
- Repeat 5” or under as noted in price list.
- Repeat 6” – 12” add 10% to yardage required.
- Repeat 12” – 20” add 15% to yardage required.
- Repeat 21” or over add 20% to yardage required.
- Shipping Instructions
All COM fabrics should be shipped freight prepaid and tagged with Keilhauer’s order acknowledgement number, customer name, address and purchase order number to:
1450 Birchmount Road
Canada M1P 2E3
NOTE: For all COM orders, attach a sample of the COM fabric to the purchase order for easy identification.
For fabrics being shipped from the United States for U.S. customers, please mark bill of lading “Attention: Welke Customs Brokers/Keilhauer”. To ensure quick clearance by our broker, a commercial invoice describing the goods (eg. 100% wool, etc.) and the value, should be attached to the bill of lading.
NOTE: COM orders are not scheduled for production until all fabrics for your order are received. The entire order, including non-COM products, will be held for COM arrival and scheduling unless Keilhauer is advised to split shipment. Please contact customer service. Additional freight charges may be applicable.
9. Can I get my order upholstered in leathers that aren’t from Keilhauer?
Keilhauer will upholster its products in Customer’s Own Leathers (COL), providing the following provisions are met.
- COL Approval
Keilhauer reserves the right to reject COLs that, in Keilhauer’s opinion, are unsuitable. Once COL has been accepted Keilhauer assumes no responsibility for its overall appearance, flammability, normal durability, colour fastness or any other quality after upholstered on a Keilhauer product. Keilhauer will not accept nor use any painted leather. A painted leather is described as any suede or full top grain leather which is not vat dyed with the same colour through the entire hide. For COL square footage required, please note heading by individual product in price list. Where COL hide is less than 30 square feet per hide, please consult factory for COL requirements.
- Shipping Instructions
All COLs should be shipped freight prepaid and tagged with Keilhauer’s order acknowledgement number, customer name, address and purchase order number to:
1450 Birchmount Road
Canada M1P 2E3
NOTE: For all COL orders, attach a sample of the COL to the purchase order for easy identification.
For leathers being shipped from the United States for U.S. customers, please mark bill of lading “Attention: Welke Customs Brokers/Keilhauer”. To ensure quick clearance by our broker, a commercial invoice describing the goods and the value, should be attached to the bill of lading.
NOTE: COL orders are not scheduled for production until all fabrics for your order are received. The entire order, including non-COL products, will be held for COL arrival and scheduling unless Keilhauer is advised to split shipment. Please contact customer service. Additional freight charges may be applicable.
10. Do Keilhauer products pass ANSI/BIFMA standards?
Keilhauer products are tested to meet or exceed ANSI/BIFMA standards.
11. Do Keilhauer products pass CAL 133 flammability standards?
Where product is required to meet specific flammability codes, please contact the factory with information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Keilhauer will determine whether the product can be manufactured to meet the specific codes in question, and a price quotation will be prepared.
12. What is Keilhauer’s warranty?
Keilhauer merchandise is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship as follows:
Standard usage (Single shift - 40 hours per week):
- Desk, conference and task chairs - 10 years
- Lounge seating - 10 years
- Multi-purpose stacking chairs - 10 years
- Tables - 10 years
- Textiles - 1 year
- Desk, conference and task chairs - 4 years.
During this warranty period Keilhauer will repair or at its option replace, free of charge, such merchandise as shall prove to be defective. This warranty does not apply to damage resulting from accident, alteration, misuse, tampering, negligence, or abuse. Textiles, leathers, and powder coat finishes are not warranted against fading, wear or marking since that is beyond Keilhauer’s control. All other warranties (including any warranty of fitness whether by law, implied or expressed, or otherwise) are hereby excluded.
13. How do I place an order?
Product Name, Product Number, Quantity, Fabric, End User Information, Applicable Taxes, a Purchase Order Number, and authorized signature as well as any product specific options (as outlined in the Price List), are required when placing an order.
Orders are to be submitted to:
1450 Birchmount Road
or faxed to: 1-866-513-1535
Email to: email@example.com
14. How do I order parts?
Orders for parts are to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with a courier account number. Orders received without this information will ship COD.
15. How do I request an order confirmation?
To obtain an order confirmation, send an email to email@example.com. Be sure to include the order number and purchase order number.
16. How do I change an order, after it has been submitted?
Requests for changes to orders must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to approval and applicable cost.
17. How will my Keilhauer shipment be packed?
As a standard, Keilhauer blanket wraps large orders. If you require your order to be boxed, please contact your customer service representative for additional costs. Email email@example.com
18. How do I cancel an order, after it has been submitted?
Orders may not be terminated without Keilhauer’s consent. Cancellation cannot be accepted after fabric has been cut or after materials have been placed on order. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
19. How do I submit a claim for damaged shipments?
Keilhauer is not responsible for damage suffered in transit or storage. Customer must examine merchandise upon receipt and note any obvious damage on carrier’s delivery receipt. Any concealed damage must be reported to Keilhauer, in writing, within 24 hours of receipt. All packaging materials must be kept for inspection. Keilhauer reserves the right to send in an inspection agent to assess damage. Failure to make such claims shall constitute full acceptance of the merchandise.
20. How do I return products?
No merchandise may be returned to Keilhauer without Keilhauer’s consent. If returned by agreement, transportation must be prepaid. Call customer service first to receive a return goods authorization number (RGA). Product returned without an RGA will be declined.
21. How do I care for and maintain my Keilhauer chair?
Maintenance of textiles should include regular vacuuming to maintain appearance. For stains, please consult a professional cleaning service. Leather upholstery should be dusted or wiped with a clean soft cloth dampened with water and a very mild liquid soap. For stains, please consult a professional leather cleaning service.